By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Sign Up For A Meal Plan?

For students all you need to do is go to your Student Banner Account and fill out the Meal Plan Application. If you need any further assistance please contact our Customer Service Department. For UTM Faculty and Staff stop by our Customer Service Desk for assistance in signing up for your meal plan.

As a Freshman, what meal plans may I choose from?

All incoming freshmen with 30 earned hours or less when entering the University are required to purchase a meal plan for each of their first TWO (2) semesters.  Transfer students with less than 30 earned credit hours are also required to purchase a meal plan for TWO (2) semesters.Freshmen may choose from Carte Blanche, 15 Meals Per Week, 10 Meals Per Week, 5 Meals per week, or 70 Block Meal Plans.

What do I receive with my meals in the Skyhawk Dining Hall?

The Skyhawk Dining Hall is “all-you-care-to-eat” for every meal, seven days a week.  We welcome you to eat as much as you wish, but we do encourage you to think healthy.  Take only what you can eat, and you are always welcome to come back for seconds.

Will my missed meals during the week carry over?

No, they will not. If you miss a meal during the week or do not eat all of the meals (Carte Blanche, 15, 10, or 5) you are entitled to within any given week, the meal(s) WILL NOT carry over into the following week.  Meal periods run from Monday morning to Sunday evening. Any meals not eaten during that week are not transferable or refundable. The 70-Block meal plan offers students a number of meals for the entire semester with no weekly limits. Any meals not used at semester's end will not carry over to the following semester.

What is Captain's Cash?

Captain’s Cash is the declining balance part of your meal plan that can be spent at the customer’s option in all dining operations.  It operates very much like a checkbook or a debit card balance.   As the money is spent in places such as the Food Court, On the Fly, Simply•to•go, and the coffee shops, the purchases are subtracted from the beginning balance.  Your Captain’s Cash can also be used in the Dining Hall in addition to the meal portion of your meal plan.

Does my Captain's Cash carry over at semester's end?

Captain's Cash will roll over from the fall semester to the spring semester, upon the purchase of a spring semester meal plan. Captain's Cash will NOT roll over from the spring semester to the fall semester. Captain's Cash is non-refundable. Any Captain's Cash remaining will be lost if not used by the end of the spring semester. 

Are Take-Out Meals Allowed In The Skyhawk Dining Hall?

Take-Out meals will now be served from our Simply-To-Go station inside the Dining Hall. A meal will include one entree, one side, one beverage, and one dessert for the cost of one Meal Plan swipe.

Are there any food options for my special needs?

Yes!  Special needs such as dietary, religion, work, or class conflicts should be brought to the attention of our Customer Service Desk.  We will do whatever we can to assist you.

Can anyone else use my meal plan? 

NO! All students must use their own valid Skyhawk Card to dine. However, if you have a block meal plan, you can invite a guest to dine with you and use one of your remaining block meals for payment.

Will my meal plan be active during University Holiday Closings or Breaks?

Meal Plans are always active throughout the semester. However, UT Martin Dining Services will be closed during these breaks: Labor Day, Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Spring Break, and Good Friday. 

How much time do I have to pay my Meal Plan?

All Meal Plans must be paid during Fee Assessment (first two weeks of each semester) or a deferment Plan must be set up through the Bursar's Office located in the Administration Building.
In This Section
The University of Tennessee at Martin | Dining Services | 133 Boling University Center | Martin, TN 38237 | tel. (731) 881-7772 | Contact Us